Dive into the transformative landscape of customer behavior with our latest research, the “2023 DSCI New Customer Survey”. As the digital age progresses, it’s crucial to grasp the evolving preferences, values, and priorities of customers. Our comprehensive survey offers a deep understanding of what today’s customers genuinely desire, from heightened supply chain awareness to the e-commerce boom and the growing demand for transparency.
Building on our foundational insights from the past two years, we’ve charted the significant shifts in customer expectations over recent years. The digital revolution, characterized by swift internet adoption, generational transitions, and expectations that span industries, has birthed the ‘New Customer.’ This evolved customer profile seeks simultaneous order and fulfillment, personalized products and services, and a seamless digital journey. They place immense value on peer reviews, anticipate automation in most transactions, and expect customer service representatives to be deeply attuned to their unique needs and priorities. As businesses stand on the cusp of transitioning from traditional supply chains to dynamic ‘Demand Chains’, embracing and catering to the New Customer becomes the cornerstone of future success.
Spotlight on Key Insights:
- Supply Chain Awareness: 39% of 2023 respondents deeply understand and care about supply chain impacts.
- E-Commerce Evolution: 58% prefer online shopping in 2023, a jump from 44% in 2022.
- Transparency Matters: 43% in 2023 find transparency about product origin and creation ‘Critically Important’.
- Consistent Purchase Drivers: Price, Availability, Delivery Speed, Variety, and Reviews remain top influencers.
- Eco-Conscious Choices: Recyclable packaging and reduced plastic waste are paramount for today’s consumers.
- Privacy in the Digital Age: 33% of 2023 consumers prioritize brands offering the highest privacy protection.
To get a deeper understanding of how supply chain organizations can stay attuned to their customer’s evolving needs and preferences, please read the full report.
For detailed discussions or any queries related to the report, feel free to reach out to Vivek Ghelani, Director of Research, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the form below to download the report.
"*" indicates required fields